At some point during our snowed in two days i got a real hankering for the salad i had when we went to RBar for our Christmas date and it was also reminiscent of the salad that i had in Cannes, France. The main thing was that these salads had warm cheese to mix with your greens and it just made the most perfect melt in your mouth flavor. At R bar the salad had warm brie, candied walnuts & a lemon dressing and in france it had goat cheese, so i decided to revise both ideas and make my own, the husband agrees it is SO delicious.
Warm Goat Cheese Salad
- mixed baby greens
- candied nuts (i used almonds)- and i'm not putting a recipe up on how to do this because i kind of botched it, but it still tasted good.
- sliced pears
- Goat Cheese, cut a few slices from the log- they usually come in logs at your grocer- and put them on a pan and bake them at 350 for about 5 minutes or until they are super soft. Quickly move them from the pan to the top of your salad and top with the Lemon Vinaigrette dressing.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar