Every pregnant lady has her cravings and this go around its been potatoes for me. Literally a potato in any form- french fries, baked potato, potato salad, funeral potatoes, scalloped- they all sound delicious. This recipe for loaded baked potato salad is simple and perfect for a smaller gathering or to keep in your fridge for a week or so, if you're going to a huge party- double the ingredients. I love this recipe because you likely have all the ingredients on hand in your fridge and pantry and lets be honest, sometimes you forget about that bbq until a few hours before. Keep this recipe on hand and you'll always be prepared. :)
I used red potatoes and didn't peel them- because honestly who enjoys peeling potatoes?! I cut them up pretty small and boiled them for only about 15 minutes- the smaller you cut them the quicker they cook. I'll say a quick word about bacon- I kind of hate cooking bacon because of all the grease, however baking it in the oven is by far the easiest and most pain free method. Line a pan with foil and place your bacon in a 350 oven for 15-20 minutes (the same time it takes the potatoes to cook) and voila- bacon. Just make sure you take the bacon off the pan and put on a paper towel as soon as you take it out of the oven so you don't soak back up any of the grease as the bacon cools.
Loaded Baked Potato Salad
- 5 cups diced red potatoes
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 4 pieces bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Dice your potatoes small and add them to a pot of boiling water for 10-15 minutes. You want to easily be able to bite through the potato pieces but not have them mushy. Drain potatoes and put in the fridge.
- While the potatoes are cooking cook your bacon. I like to bake mine- Line a pan with foil and place your bacon in a 350 oven for 15-20 minutes (the same time it takes the potatoes to cook) and voila- bacon. Just make sure you take the bacon off the pan and put on a paper towel as soon as you take it out of the oven so you don't soak back up any of the grease as the bacon cools.
- Mix the sour cream, mayo and garlic salt until combine. Once potatoes are cooled add all ingredients together and mix to combine. Put back in the fridge and serve cold. Enjoy
Powered by Recipage
What were your pregnancy cravings? I feel like potatoes is kind of odd! Let me know if you try this salad- I'd love to hear about it on instagram (@handmadeintheheartland) or in the comments! Bon Appetit!