Who doesn't love a good chicken salad, am I right? While we were in Las Vegas over spring break my sister-in-law made us a great and simple pesto chicken salad sandwich and I thought to myself, why don't I make chicken salad more often?! Today I have a new twist on chicken salad, its a Sun-dried tomato chicken salad sandwich recipe and its super easy and very tasty. I actually made it when I catered our Craft Escape workshop a few weekends ago and everyone loved it!
This recipe makes at least 6-8 sandwiches so if I don't have an event or gathering I'm making it for I just keep it in the fridge and we eat it for lunches throughout the week. Its nice to look in the fridge and see some food ready to eat that isn't just plain lunch meat. I've also wrapped all these ingredients up in a spinach wrap and loved that version as well, great for a lower carb option.
Sun-dried Tomato Chicken Salad Sandwich
Ingredients (6-8 sandwiches)
- 2 Large Chicken Breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 7oz container of Sun-dried Tomato Basil Pesto
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain greek yogurt
- 6-8 Ciabatta Buns
- 6-8 Slices of Gouda
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- Combine your shredded chicken with the can of sun-dried tomato pesto and sour cream. Stir until full combined. Place in the fridge until ready to make the sandwiches.
- To assemble your sandwiches toast the ciabatta buns in your toaster or in the oven at 350 for 3-4 minutes. Place a slice of cheese, the chicken salad and spinach on the bun. Serve and Enjoy!
- I have also made these in a spinach wrap instead of using the buns and they were great!
Powered by Recipage
If you make this please let me know! I love to see it when you make things from the blog! Share it with me in the comments or tag me on Instagram (@handmadeintheheartland) or facebook!
Want to save this for later? Pin the image below!