Having healthy snacks on hand is key for me to making more balanced diet choices throughout the day. These three combinations for rice cake toppings are easy, delicious and quick. This post is sponsored by Sprouts Farmer's Market.
A good way to think about a rice cake is like toast, the topping combos are unlimited. Rice cakes are particularly great if you happen to be gluten free or are trying to reduce calories and carbs. Adding fresh produce and healthy pantry staples like nuts or nut butters are a great way to give yourself a great snack.
Apple Almond Rice Cakes: I have been snacking on apple slices and almond butter for a couple years now, I LOVE this combination. Thinly slicing your apple slices and placing them on top of a almond butter slathered rice cake is quick and easy to do and it's a filling snack!
I love the Sprouts brand creamy almond butter, I was surprised at how creamy it was and the flavor is on point. I could sing the praises of almond butter for days. 😊
Strawberry Maple Rice Cakes: This combo is another delicious and sweet option to curb your sweet tooth when you have a hankering. Trust me, I'm an expert at sweet tooth cravings, I think I might have them every hour! 😳
I love adding a little pure maple syrup to strawberries and almonds, it adds a nice bit of extra sweetness and a beautiful maple flavor. The rice cake adds a nice crunch to all of these snacks. Be aware that you'll need to eat any of these snacks right after you make them, if you leave them sitting around too long they won't have that nice crunch.
Do you use pure maple syrup a lot? It's a staple in my pantry and I use it for everything from topping pancakes to an ingredient for homemade salad dressings. What do you use it for?
Avocado Rice Cakes: This might be my favorite combination of the three. It's avocado toast sans the toast! Creamy avocado mashed and topped with the best salt on the planet. Honestly if you only try one rice cake combo this January, try this one! You're gonna love it!
I'll tell you a little secret about how to make the best avocado rice cake ever. Maldon Sea Salt. I thought you could only order it online but as it turns out, of course, our favorite grocery store Sprouts carries it! Several years ago I read about it in Bon Appetit and I've been a convert ever since. The salt is shaped like tiny diamonds and you have to crush it between your fingers as you sprinkle it on your food. There is no comparison when you want to top foods with a little sprinkle of sea salt.
I love having sweet and savory options for snacks, something for whatever mood I'm in!
Three easy rice cake topping combinations that will have you satisfied and happy with your healthy snack!
Apple Almond Rice Cake
- Sprouts Organic Brown Rice Cake
- Sprouts Creamy Almond Butter (around 1 tablespoon)
- 1/2 an apple, thinly sliced Strawberry Maple Rice Cake
- 1 Tablespoon sliced almonds
- 3-4 Strawberries, diced small
- 1/2 Tablespoon pure maple syrup Avocado Rice Cake
- 1/2 an avocado, mashed
- Maldon sea salt flakes
- Apple Almond Rice Cake: Spread a nice layer of smooth almond butter on top of the rice cake, lay thinly sliced apples on top of the almond butter and enjoy!
- Strawberry Rice Cake: Dice 3-4 strawberries very small, mix with 1 tablespoon of sliced almonds and drizzle 1/2 tablespoon of pure maple syrup over it and mix to combine. Spoon the mixture on top of a rice cake and enjoy.
- Avocado Rice Cake: Mash 1/2 of a ripe avocado in a bowl and then spoon it on top of the rice cake. Crush Maldon salt flakes with your fingers while sprinkling them over the avocado.Enjoy!
Need to save this recipe for later? Pin the image below!