Apricot & Sausage Stuffed Turkey Breast
This stuffed turkey breast is a great way to have Thanksgiving turkey without cooking an entire bird!
The stuffing inside this turkey breast is moist, flavorful and delicious!
This stuffed turkey breast is easy and quick to make, flavorful and delicious and it’s the perfect substitute for cooking an entire Thanksgiving turkey.
- For the Stuffing:
- 1 lb mild italian pork sauage
- 6 oz dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 5 cups white bread cut up
- 1/2 cup diced red onions
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 3lb boneless turkey breast
- kitchen twine
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tablespoon finely diced herbs, such as rosemary, thyme & sage
For the Turkey:
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat add a tablespoon of olive oil and the red onions. Cook until translucent and then add the herbs, garlic and sausage. Cook until the sausage is cooked through and no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Add the wine and chicken broth to de-glaze the pan and stir until combined. Remove from heat and add in the bread pieces and apricot. Stir to combine. Set aside
- Make the herb butter by mixing the herbs and salt with softened butter. I like to use the paddle attachment on my kitchenaid mixer for this, but a strong hand can mix it too. 😉
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Unwrap your turkey breast and remove the skin, set aside. Cut through the center of the breast with a sharp knife to butterfly it open. You want it to be able to lay flat. Pound it out to be between 1/4-1/2″ thick.
- Take the stuffing and lay it on top of the turkey breast in an even layer, then roll the breast like you would a jelly roll. Once it’s completely rolled lay the skin on top of the the rolled breast and secure the entire breast with kitchen twine. I tied mine in 4 different places.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 425° then lower the temperature to 350° and bake for 25-30 minutes longer. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice and serve warm!
Creative Inspiration in your inbox!
Subscribe to get holiday ideas, delicious recipes and fun crafts in our newsletter!