Chocolate & Caramel Cream Parfaits
Chocolate Silk Layer
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
Whipped Cream Layer
- 2 cups AE Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- Caramel Sauce, you can make my homemade recipe HERE or buy some
- 1 bag bite size Milky Way pieces, chopped
- Make the chocolate layer first. In a bowl of stand mixer cream the sugar and butter until light and fluffy, blend in the cooled chocolate and vanilla. Next add in the eggs one at a time, after you add each egg beat for 5-10 minutes until it gets fluffy. After adding the eggs you should have a light but fluffy pudding-type consistency. Put it in a bowl and refrigerate for several hours until its set. It helps to do this part the night before.
- Make the fresh whipped cream next by putting your chilled AE Heavy Whipping Cream in the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment. Add the powdered sugar and mix at medium to high speed for several minutes until stiff peaks form.
- To assemble the parfaits put the whipped cream & the chocolate silk pudding into separate pastry bags. Pipe into your trifle dish or parfait dishes a layer of chocolate, then drizzle some caramel sauce, then pipe on some whipped cream. Repeat this a second time and then add some chopped up Milkway bites to the top.
- If you want to make these ahead feel free to pop them back in the fridge until serving time, up to a day in advance.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of AE Dairy via RhythmOne. The opinions and text are all mine.
Creative Inspiration in your inbox!
Subscribe to get holiday ideas, delicious recipes and fun crafts sent directly to your inbox every Thursday!