French Onion & Apple Crostini with #AEDairy
AE Dairy has several different sour cream dips that are all fantastic. I plan on experimenting with
Garlic and Hot Jalapeño Mexican Style Dip very soon in some other fun recipes. Although you can take the sour cream dips to the next level with crostini’s and 7 layer extravaganzas the dips also are a favorite of mine to just sit with a bag of chips and enjoy. I’ve found myself craving chips and dip this pregnancy- well potatoes in general are my craving of choice, in any form!
- French Baguette, sliced & toasted
- AE French Onion Sour Cream Dip
- Apple, Thinly Sliced
- Caramelized Onions
- Goat Cheese Crumbles
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- The longest step is to caramelize your onions. It takes about an hour, however you’ll make a lot more than you need and then you can have them in the fridge for pizza, sandwiches or anything else you find you might want some delicious onions on. You can see all the instructions on how to caramelize onions in THIS post.
- To make the balsamic glaze that goes on top of the crostini you’ll want to add 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar and 1 tablespoon of honey to a small pot and place it over medium heat. Let it simmer and reduce for 20 or so minutes until its thick like syrup, then remove from heat.
- When you are ready to put them together preheat the oven to 350. Slice your baguette into 1/2″-3/4″ rounds. Lay on a baking sheet and toast for 10 or so minutes, until the edges turn golden brown.
- Spread a layer of AE french onion dip over each toast. Then layer with a thin slice of apple, caramelized onions, goat cheese crumbles and finally a little drizzle of the balsamic glaze.
- Enjoy fairly soon after making. I wouldn’t make them too early before eating simply because the toast might get a little soggy from the sour cream dip.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of AE Dairy via RhythmOne. The opinions and text are all mine.
Creative Inspiration in your inbox!
Subscribe to get holiday ideas, delicious recipes and fun crafts in our newsletter!