Fresh Berries & Cream Panna Cotta
- 3 1/2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream, divided
- 3/4 cup Sugar, divided
- 1 cup pureed strawberries
- 1 cup pureed blueberries
- 3 packets Knox gelatin, divided
- 9 Tablespoons Cold water, divided
- 1/2 tablespoon Pure vanilla extract
- Make the strawberry layer by placing 1 cup of cream and 1/4 cup of sugar into a saucepan over medium heat. Heat up to a slow simmer, stirring occasionally until all the sugar has dissolved and then remove from heat. While the cream is cooking in a small bowl combine the gelatin packet with 3 tablespoons of cold water. After the cream has cooled slightly add the strawberry puree and stir until combined, then add the gelatin & water mixture (which should be a gelatinous solid at this point) and whisk until combined. Fill the bottom of a flexipan mold with the strawberry mixture, or separate out if you are doing multiple small ones. Put in the fridge to cool and set up for 2 hours.
- To make the cream layer you are going to do the exact same method as you did with the strawberry layer except use 1 1/2 cups of cream and add the vanilla extract into the mixture instead of the fruit. I always wait until each layer is firm before i even make the next layer. Once the first layer is set (meaning you can touch it and it feels like Jello-O) then you’ll make your next layer and pour it on top. Put it back in the fridge to set again and then do the third layer.
- To make the blueberry layer you use the same technique as the strawberry layer and all the same ingredient measurements. My blueberries came out more purple than i wanted when I first pureed them so i added blue food coloring.
- To serve gently pull back the sides of the flexipan mold and invert the panna cotta onto plates, you can add fresh fruit to garnish if desired.
1. Paint Dipped Milk Bottles from Tied Ribbon
2. Red, White & Blue Sugar Cookies from Made to be a Momma
3. Nursery Reveal from Carissa Miss
4. Red White & Blue Layered Cake from Just Us Four
5. Fresh Berries & Cream Panna Cotta from Handmade in the Heartland
6. Flag Bunting from Seven Thirty Three
7. Red, White and Blue Wood Shim Art from All Things with Purpose
8. Patriotic Funfetti Cupcakes from This Silly Girl’s Life
9. Berries & Cream White Chocolate Bark from Do Small Things with Love
10. Red White & Blue Braided Headband from Sugar Bee Crafts
11. Red White & Blue T-Shirt Scarf from One Krieger Chick
Creative Inspiration in your inbox!
Subscribe to get holiday ideas, delicious recipes and fun crafts in our newsletter!