Mushroom, Caramelized Onion & Tomato Bruschetta
- 1 Can Hunt’s Petit Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 1 Onion, diced
- 8 Ciabatta Buns
- 8 Slices Provolone Cheese
- 6 oz Baby Bella Mushrooms, diced
- 1-2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- 1-2 ounces Herbed Goat Cheese
- Prep your bread by cutting the buns in half, so they are long skinny pieces and then put them on a baking sheet inside facing up. Place half a slice of provolone cheese on each piece of bread. Melt the bread in the oven for 5 minutes at 300 degrees.
- Make the topping. In a saute pan over medium heat toss your diced onion with a tablespoon of olive oil and cook until they are browning and caramleizing- about 10-15 minutes. You may need to turn down the heat to medium-low after 5 or so minutes so they don’t burn, you want a nice golden brown color. Once the onions are browned add the mushrooms and garlic and cook until the mushrooms have released their juices and are tender, about 5 minutes. Add the drained Hunt’s petit diced tomatoes and cook just long enough to warm the tomatoes up, about 3-4 minutes.
- Assemble the bruschetta by topping each piece of toasted bread with a spoonful of the tomato saute and then add dollops of herbed goat cheese to top it off. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Creative Inspiration in your inbox!
Subscribe to get holiday ideas, delicious recipes and fun crafts in our newsletter!