Pea, Asparagus & Pancetta Pasta
- 1 package Priano spinach and cheese tortellini
- 1 package Priano Basil Pesto tortellini
- 1 4oz. package of diced pancetta, or a few slices of thick cut bacon- diced
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1 lb of asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into smaller pieces
- 1 cup shredded parmesan
- 1/2 of a lemon
- Set a large pot of water over high heat and bring to a boil. Meanwhile in a saute pan over medium-high heat cook your pancetta until crispy. You’ll want to stir it around every so often as it cooks, I cooked mine about 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let sit on a paper towel to remove some of the grease.
- Once the water is boiling add your cut asparagus and set a timer for 4 minutes, you can turn down the heat to a medium-high if it seems like it is going to boil over. After 4 minutes add your peas and tortellini to the pot. Set a timer for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes remove 1/2 cup of pasta water and then drain the pasta & veggies. Place in a large bowl and squeeze the lemon slice over then toss with the pancetta, pasta water & parmesan. Top with more parmesan for serving if you like.
Creative Inspiration in your inbox!
Subscribe to get holiday ideas, delicious recipes and fun crafts in our newsletter!