Skinny Spaghetti, Zucchini Noodles & Turkey Bolognese
- olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 15oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 zucchini spiralized into noodles
- In a food processor combine the carrot, celery and garlic, you want to chop them up a little bit before adding them into the processor. process until finely diced but not made into a paste. set aside
- In a skillet over medium-high heat cook onion in a little bit of olive oil. Cook until onion is translucent and starting to turn golden, 5-8 minutes.
- Add the diced veggies from the food processor and cook until soft, 3-4 minutes.
- Add the ground turkey and cook until no longer pink, while its cooking add the Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes and salt. Once the meat is cooked add in the tomato paste and diced tomatoes and stir to combine. Add in the red wine and cook until its cooked down a little bit- 2-3 minutes. Add in chicken broth and stir to combine. Let simmer for 15-20 minutes for all the flavors to combine.
- You can serve this over raw zucchini noodles or cooked. I find that if the noodles are raw the sauce cools really quickly. If you want to cook them just heat a skillet to medium heat and toss the zucchini in a teaspoon or so of olive oil and cook for a few minutes, add 1/4 cup of water and the cover it let it cook for 5 minutes and the drain.
- Serve the bolognese sauce over the zucchini noodles!
Creative Inspiration in your inbox!
Subscribe to get holiday ideas, delicious recipes and fun crafts sent directly to your inbox every Thursday!