The Perfect Pan-Seared Filet Mignon
How to Cook the Perfect Pan-Seared Filet Mignon
Knowing how to cook the perfect pan-seared steak will elevate your kitchen game, no question!
It’s surprisingly simple to cook a delicious restaurant quality filet at home, stove-top with the right meat and the right tools.
This recipe for the perfect pan-seared filet mignon is easier than you think. With the right meat, tools and directions you can make this restaurant quality meal at home!
- 2-4 Filet Mignon Steaks, 5-6 oz
- Kosher Salt & Pepper
- 3 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 Tablespoons blue cheese
- Remove your filets from the fridge 30 minutes prior to cooking. You want them to come to room temperature. Season the steaks with salt and pepper, take out the butter and let it also come to room temperature to ensure it’s nice and soft.
- Heat a stainless steel skillet to high heat. Place the filets on the dry skillet, you should hear them sizzle. Let them stay there for 6 minutes. don’t move them! This creates the nice crispy crust we want on the outside of the filet. After 6 minutes flip them to the other side, I find tongs to be the best tool for this. Let it sit on that side for 5 minutes. Then using your tongs sear the sides by setting the filets on their sides, try and cook each area of the sides for 1-2 minutes.
- You can get a full list of cooking times based on desired done-ness and size of steak from Kansas City Steak Company HERE.
- Remove your steak from the pan, tent with foil if you like, and let rest for 5 minutes. do not cut into immediately! Resting allows the meat to absorb all the juices and be so delicious!
- While you let your meat rest mix together the softened butter and blue cheese. I love a rich gorgonzola for this. Mix them together until they are completely combined.
- Spoon a pat of the blue cheese butter on top of each steak and serve!
Creative Inspiration in your inbox!
Subscribe to get holiday ideas, delicious recipes and fun crafts in our newsletter!