Valentine Strawberry Crepe Cake
For the Crepes
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups flour
For the Filling
- Strawberry Jam
- Whipped Cream
- Make the crepe batter in a blender. First add the eggs and the milk and 1 cup of flour. Blend it until its all incorporated, you want the blender to make cyclone in the middle of the batter while its blending. If there is not enough flour the batter will bubble while blending, so after adding 1 cup add up to a 1/2 cup more to get the cyclone action happening. If it gets too thick add a little bit more milk.
- Once your batter is complete separate it into bowls and add food coloring to your liking. I added 8 drops of red to the darker color and 5 and 3 drops to the lighter colors.
- To make your crepes heat a saute pan over medium-high heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Pour enough batter in the pan to thinly coat the entire bottom of the pan. Swirl it around to create an even crepe. Cook until it looks dry on top and the edges start to peel upward, about 30 seconds to a minute. Flip and cook on the reverse side for another 30 or so seconds and then remove from the heat.
- Once you’ve made all your crepes layer them as follows to create the cake: crepe, strawberry jam, thick layer of whipped cream. I used an off-set spatula to spread the jam and whipped cream and it makes all the difference!
- Top with sliced strawberries and enjoy!
If you use make the crepe cake please let me know! I love to see it when you make things from the blog! Share it with me in the comments or tag me on Instagram (@handmadeintheheartland) or facebook! Need to save the recipe for later? Pin the image below!
Creative Inspiration in your inbox!
Subscribe to get holiday ideas, delicious recipes and fun crafts in our newsletter!