VTech Safe & Sound Baby Monitor
Using the VTech Digital Audio Baby Monitor when your baby is a baby!
- Of course this monitor does the standard listen to baby while she’s sleeping scenario but it has some other great features that I love. I love the temperature sensor that shows on the parent unit what the temperature is in the nursery. I really like the projector- it creates the perfect light for being able to go in and feed the baby without turning on any other lights but soft enough for baby to sleep soundly.
- The sound transmission is digitized which means it is so much more clear with less background noise, interference and it ensures the audio is private and secure. I can’t stress how nice the last point is. We have had a very basic monitor for years and plugging this new one up was literally amazing at how much clearer the transmission was!
Using the VTech Digital Audio Baby Monitor When your baby is a Crawler.
- The DM271-110 comes with some really awesome motion sensor technology. It has a mounted motion sensor (pictured above) that you can mount anywhere to be alerted on the parent unit when there is motion in an area. It’s perfect for the area near the stairs or a room where you don’t want baby to go. The parent until has a clip on the back so you could wear the unit and have it with you wherever you go, I like that you can have it turned to vibrate for the motion alerts!
- It comes with open/closed sensors that are meant to be attached to doors to alert you if they are opened. I love this for cabinets that contain cleaning supplies or other potentially hazardous items for baby to get to. I know all too well that babies get into things in just the second you look away and even if they are already baby proofed!
Using the VTech Digital Audio Baby Monitor When your baby is a Toddler & Big Kid.
- Talk back feature! This feature is awesome. Seriously. The parent and baby unit act as walkie talkies (2 way communication) so that you can actually talk to each other. This might sound silly until you have a 5 year old in the basement playing and he keeps yelling over and over “mooooooom, mooooooooom”! I love that he can easily go to the baby unit, hit the page button and then I can use my end to talk back to him and answer his question which usually goes something like this “Mom can you bring me a snack?” … “No Max, you can come get one”. 😉
- Listening to big kids. You might not think you’d want to listen to your big kids but hearing the happy play between my 4 and 5 year old makes me super happy. I love to hear their little conversations during pretend play! It’s also great for hearing an argument as it unfolds instead of trying to decipher what really happened in the aftermath of crying and yelling.
- The motion sensors can come in handy for big kids as well. We have a basement door that goes to the backyard, I’m often not in the basement with the kids so having the open/close sensor on that door is fantastic because I’m alerted when it opens!
- The rechargeable battery on the parent unit is great so I’m not going through packs of double-A’s
- It has up to 1,000 ft of range
- You have the option to purchase more open/close sensors- you can connect up to 20!
- Vibrating alert on the parent unit
Creative Inspiration in your inbox!
Subscribe to get holiday ideas, delicious recipes and fun crafts in our newsletter!