Just in case you haven't tried my carmel sauce i'm giving you yet another recipe to make with it. This caramel apple turkey uses the fruit of fall, simple homemade caramel sauce, 2 chocolate chips and a candy corn to create a stunning display that everyone will love at thanksgiving. I picked up several different types of apples to get different colors and i preferred to do each layer of "feathers" the same color instead of alternating within the rows. I used a small bowl to put the caramel in and made the little face. I love the way it turned out, simple and cute.
1 cup sugar
4 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons butter
1. Combine the sugar, water, and the corn syrup in a large saucepan and stir with a wooden spoon over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
2. Increase the heat to medium-high, and bring to a boil.
3. Do not stir from this point on, but instead swirl the liquid around the pan so that the caramel doesn’t burn.
4. Continue to cook until the caramel turns an even amber color then remove from the heat and let stand for about 30 seconds.
5. Be careful here, Pour the heavy cream into the mixture. The mixture will bubble up significantly and is very hot.
6. Stir the mixture with a spatula scraping the sides of the pot and combining all the ingredients, again be careful. Add the butter and stir until combined. As you stir you will see the caramel come to the consistency that you want and look like caramel!
I use this caramel sauce in my Banana Spring Rolls, Salted Caramel Cheesecake and Caramel Apple Sundae Bar