Holiday parties, birthday dinners and honestly for no reason at all you need to make this cheesecake recipe. It's one of, if not my favorite dessert on my blog. I've never met a person who didn't absolutely love it. It's fairly similar to make especially when you use a Demarle at Home Flexipan Muffin Tray (affiliate link), just watch the video below and you'll see why it is amazing!
Do you say car-a-mel or care-a-mel? I guess it doesn't really matter because either way you say it these salted caramel mini cheesecakes are to-die-for. You may remember that I made the full size recipe for Matt's 30th birthday and I've made it a few times over the past year and every time people just love it. I needed a treat to take to church to bribe some people into babysitting for an activity that we are having this week, and I really needed to get some good photos of this ahhhmazing cheesecake so two birds with one stone. The cheesecake alone is really really yummy, but add the caramel sauce on top and it pushes it over the edge to incredible.
I made this recipe in my Demarle at Home Muffin Tray. GUYS, I don't know if there is a more used baking tool in my kitchen. I use this thing all. the. time. It's amazing because nothing sticks to it and that's without buttering- flouring- or spraying it! It's made of woven glass and food grade silicone and as you can see in the video below these cheesecakes pop right out of it. It's amazing. You can get one HERE. (affiliate link)
So I adapted the full size cheesecake recipe to do mini ones in a muffin tray. If you want to see the full recipe go HERE.
Everyone I've ever made this recipe for LOVES it, seriously it's a no fail dessert for a birthday or to take to a party!
This recipe for salted caramel mini cheesecakes is the best dessert you'll ever make, if you like caramel at all you're going to adore these very delicious and perfectly portioned mini cheesecakes!
For the Crust:
- 3/4 stick of melted butter
- 1 sleeve of graham crackers For the Filling:
- 1 1/2 packages (12 ounces) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup dulce de leche (i buy this in a can in the latin foods section of the grocery store)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 to 1 cup of caramel sauce for topping(store bought or Homemade caramel sauce)
- Pinch of sea salt for tops
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a food processor, grind graham crackers to crumbs. (If you’re using premade crumbs, you want about 1 cup, and you’ll want to do all these steps in a bowl.) With motor running, add butter through feed tube. Process for another few seconds until combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the a demarle (nonstick) muffin tray or muffin tray with paper liners. Pat crumb mixture into the bottom of each of the cups.
- Bake crust until slightly brown. You’ll just be able to smell it. This will take anywhere from 5-8 minutes. Remove crust from the oven and allow to cool on a rack. Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat cream cheese until smooth, add dulce de leche and beat to combine.
- Add flour and salt, beat to combine, stopping to scrape down the sides as necessary. Beat until smooth and fluffy, about 5 minutes. There should be no lumps.Add the sugar and beat to combine.
- Add the vanilla, and then beat in the eggs one at a time until just combined, about 30 seconds each. Don’t overbeat once the eggs are added; the cheesecake will puff up too much while baking, and the top will crack.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the cooled crusts and smooth the top.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 30 minutes. The center will seem to be only slightly set, and will be wobbly if you nudge it. The sides will puff slightly.
- Cool completely on a rack, then cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. *When you use a Demarle muffin tray taking the cheesecakes out is SO easy, it just peels right off and gives you perfect results. As you can see in these photos and the video the outsides are perfectly browned. I love my demarle molds if you can't tell :)
- To finish the cheesecakes: A few hours before serving pour a little bit of caramel sauce onto each cheesecake and spread evenly with the back of a spoon. Add a sprinkle of kosher salt or maldon sea salt flakes onto the top. :) Enjoy!