I'm such a fan of a good snack, appetizer and party food and today I've got a great summer snack for you. I've joined with the people of FarmRich to bring you a snack hack, and give you an idea of what you can do to enter the awesome FarmRich Back Your Snack contest. There is $10,000 up for grabs (!!) so you'll definitely want to come up with your own fun snack hack and enter the contest! FarmRich has a ton of delicious frozen snacks to choose from and I chose to fancy up the tasty toasted ravioli. I'm a big fan of this ravioli because its 4 cheese and not just mozzarella which makes it, in my opinion, superior to other frozen ravioli. Since its summer I took advantage of the bounty of delicious fresh summer veggies and created a corn, tomato and basil salsa which topped the ravioli along with a drizzle of balsamic glaze. Honestly this snack lasted for all of about 10 minutes after the photographs were taken, we loved it.
I love something that doesn't take long to put together and this recipe is simple, if you are like me you probably already have most of the ingredients on hand and you can whip it together in a matter of minutes. The fresh corn salsa uses my favorite summer produce- cherry tomatoes, corn & basil.
I purchased my FarmRich Ravioli and my fresh ingredients at Walmart. If you're entering the contest you'll need to purchase your items there too. You can see the full contest rule book HERE. You can also see a list of the Walmart stores HERE which will have demos of the finalists in the contest on 9/19- 20 and on 10/10-11.
When thinking about your own submission for the Back Your Snack Contest think about how to incorporate one FarmRich product and one fresh item from Walmart into your recipe. You can see all the FarmRich products HERE.
If you are making this recipe don't skip the balsamic glaze- its not difficult to make and it really throws the taste over the top good. I feel like a good sauce is always one of the tricks that good chef's have up their sleeve- it seems like my favorite restaurant dishes have delicious sauces, am I right?
Toasted Ravioli with Fresh Corn Salsa
- 1 package FarmRich Toasted Ravioli
- 4 ears of cooked corn, kernels cut off
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 5 leaves fresh basil
- 1 tsp olive oil
- S&P to taste
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Make the balsamic glaze by combining the balsamic vinegar and honey in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and let cook for 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool, it should be the consistency of syrup once it cools.
- Meanwhile cook the FarmRich ravioli according to package directions.
- Combine the corn kernels, diced cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced basil leaves, olive oil and salt & pepper in a medium bowl.
- Once the ravioli are done cooking serve them with the corn salsa & drizzle the balsamic glaze over top. yum!
Powered by Recipage
Do you have a favorite snack hack? If you make this or enter the Back Your Snack Contest I'd love to see your submission- tag me on instagram @handmadeintheheartland or facebook!