Arroz Con Pollo * One Pot Chicken & Rice
Friends this recipe is one to pin, bookmark, print out, and save for your records because this one pot Mexican chicken and rice, lovingly referred to as Arroz Con Pollo, is a foolproof, crowd pleasing, everyone loves it recipe.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #YesYouCAN #CollectiveBias This post contains affiliate links. An affiliate link means that I make a percentage of the sale if you click over and buy the item I recommend with no extra charge to you.
This easy one pot chicken and rice dish is a crowd pleaser!
Arroz Con Pollo has tons of veggies and a great mild flavor that everyone loves!
Arroz Con Pollo is a great one pot Mexican chicken and rice dish that everyone loves!
- 2-3 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Tablespoon Creole Seasoning
- Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 Bell Peppers, diced (I used a red and yellow)
- 1 Package Yellow Rice (around 7oz package)
- 2 14.5 oz cans Hunt’s Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes with Garlic
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- Shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Cut your chicken breasts into bite size pieces and season with creole seasoning. Dice your onion & bell peppers.
- Heat a medium to large dutch oven or pot over medium-high heat and add a tablespoon of olive oil. Once the pot is heated toss in your chicken and brown on all sides. The chicken does not need to be cooked through, just browned. Remove the chicken from the pot.
- Add another tablespoon of oil and heat to medium, add in your diced onions & peppers. Cook until they are soft, about 5-8 minutes. As they cook you should be able to scrape some of the brown bits left from the chicken off the bottom of the pan.
- Add the rice package and stir it in with the veggies. Add the Hunt’s diced tomatoes and the chicken broth, stir to combine. Dump the chicken back in as well. Bring it to a simmer, once it starts to simmer cover it, turn the heat to medium low and let cook for 30-40 minutes. You know its done when the rice is fully cooked.
- Serve warm with shredded cheese and sour cream. Enjoy!