2 words friends- Hot. Wings. I've literally always been afraid to cook these puppies, from cutting them up to messing with a time honored tradition of perfectly cooked wings I have just stayed away from them. Today I'm happy to tell you that making hot wings is not nearly as scary or hard as I once thought. This recipe is so easy, you make it in the crockpot and use just a few ingredients and bam you've got restaurant lookin' wings on your hands! I used the new KC Masterpiece Fiery Habanero Honey Barbecue Sauce to create all the delicious flavor you expect from your wings and they turned out perfect!
So I purchased a package of whole wings, which was super intimidating but after watching THIS video I cut them up myself! Do you hear that? Thats me clapping for myself for not waiting until Matt got home to do it for me. ;)
This recipe has only a few ingredients yet has delicious sweet heat thanks to the KC Masterpiece sauce, if you don't like heat try one of their other delicious sauces like the Kansas City Classic, its one of my all time favorite BBQ sauces. I made some delicious ribs with it last year, you can see the recipe HERE.
So to prep the wings after cutting them you sprinkle salt and garlic powder over them then melted butter. Toss them so that everything is evenly coated and then bathe them in delicious BBQ Sauce.
Next you pop them in the slow cooker and go about your day. Perfect!
When they are good and tender you pull them out and put them on a foil lined baking sheet and pop them in the oven under the broiler for just a few minutes to get them crispy and a little charred. YUM.
Slow Cooker Hot Wings & Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup KC Masterpiece Fiery Habanero Honey Barbecue Sauce
- 1 8oz package sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1/2 tsp salt
InstructionsFor the Hot Wings
- After cutting your wings sprinkle the salt and garlic powder over them and then the melted butter. Toss them so that everything is evenly coated and then dump the bbq sauce over them and stir to evenly coat all the wings in the sauce.
- Place all the wings in a single layer in your slow cooker and cook on high for 3-4 hours, until tender and cooked through.
- Remove all the wings and place on a foil lined cookie sheet. Place them in the oven under the broiler for 2-3 minutes, no more than 5. You want them to get a little crispy and slightly charred in spots. Remove and serve warm with blue cheese sauce.
For the Blue Cheese Sauce
- Mix all ingredients together and place in fridge until ready to serve.
Powered by Recipage