Grilled BBQ chicken salad has become a staple in my house this summer. It's rare that I make anything twice in the same month so when something happens every week you know it's easy and delicious. I'm happy to share this new dinner staple for you to make at home in partnership with my friends at Dillons Food Stores.
I'm completely sold on grilling as the best cooking method for the summer, especially since my power bill was outrageous last month! This meal comes together so fast so if you're totally stumped on what to cook for dinner this is a great last minute meal. I don't even marinate the chicken, although I'm sure it would be delicious if you did.
My other big time-saving tip with this salad is to buy already cooked hard-boiled eggs. Dillons has them in the deli section or right next to the eggs- I've seen them in both places. I really love hard boiled eggs in my salad but I'm not a fan of the smell hard boiled eggs make as they cook so buying them pre-made is a no brainer!
I'm also loving Dillon's private collection crumbled blue cheese, so good, it adds the perfect extra flavor to this summer salad.
The perfect summer salad to whip up for any weeknight dinner!
Grilling chicken is easy, fast and tastes just like summer. Adding it to this salad makes a complete dinner and you’ll feel great for eating healthy.
This grilled BBQ chicken salad is easy and quick to make for the perfect summer weeknight dinner!
- 2-3 large chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 4-5 cups mixed greens with spinach
- 2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced small
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup of corn (I usually use a drained can)
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- salad dressing of your choice (I like ranch & honey mustard)
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Place your chicken breasts on the grill and then baste with bbq sauce, turn them and baste the back side. The grill time will depend on the thickness of your chicken breast, it usually takes me about 8-10 minutes per side. If you want them to cook faster butterfly them so they are thinner.
- Chop up all your salad ingredients and toss together. Once the chicken comes off the grill let rest for a few minutes and then dice it up. Toss with the rest of the salad ingredients. Top with your favorite dressing, I like ranch or honey mustard for this salad. Enjoy!
For lots of inspiration and the latest from Dillons follow them on social media- Instagram/ Facebook/ Pinterest/ Twitter
Need to save this recipe for later? Pin the image below!