This recipe for mushroom and sun-dried tomato egg bites is the perfect brunch recipe. It's so delicious they will all be gone in a blink! It's a perfect low-carb, vegetarian, savory breakfast that is sure to satisfy everyone. This post is sponsored by Sprouts Farmers Market, all opinions are my own!
I could eat eggs everyday and to be honest I pretty much do. I love a savory breakfast item and although this doesn't include any meat it's filling just the same. This mushroom sun-dried tomato combination is one of my favorites lately and I've made these egg bites for the last 3 weeks strait. I'm telling you this is a winner recipe.
I purchased all the ingredients at Sprouts, except the fresh rosemary which came from the plant I have sitting in my kitchen. If you like rosemary I highly recommend getting a little plant for your home. I use it all the time!
The first step in this recipe is to saute the mushrooms. I have to tell you that I've made the recipe without pre-cooking the mushrooms and this step adds a ton of flavor to the final egg cup. Don't get me wrong it's still good if you simply want to dump all the ingredients and bake but if you have a few extra minutes cook the mushrooms, it's worth it.
You can make these in a mini-muffin tray or a regular size muffin tray. The mini is perfect for single bite sized brunching and for my weekly meal prep I like to make them in regular size muffin cups.
I love this baked eggs recipe! The combination of mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes is such a good one!
These individual bite sized vegetarian egg cups are the perfect delicious brunch item to serve this spring!
- 6 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded cheese (Havarti & Fontina)
- Ingredient 4
- 1 8oz container of crimini mushrooms, diced
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350. Heat a saute pan over medium heat and add the olive oil and mushrooms. Cook until mushrooms release their juices and then add garlic and rosemary. Cook for a minute or two and then set aside and let cool.
- Beat eggs with a fork or whisk and then add milk, and shredded cheese. Mix until combined. Add in slightly cooled mushrooms as well as sun-dried tomatoes and stir to incorporate.
- Spoon into prepared mini muffin tray or regular muffin tray 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.