Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe
- 1 lb bag of pasta, I used oriechette but any pasta will do!
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 large chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 8oz container of mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons red cooking wine
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- First melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cut your chicken breasts into bite sized pieces and add them to the melted butter. Cook until browned, flipping chicken pieces, about 5-8 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and set aside in a bowl.
- Next add chopped onion to the same skillet over medium heat and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for a minute or so. Add sliced mushrooms and cook until mushrooms release their juices another 5-10 minutes. Once the mushrooms are cooked empty the contents of the skillet into the bowl with the chicken. set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and add to bowl with chicken and mushroom mixture.
- Add 1/4 cup of butter to the skillet once its melted add the flour to make a roux. Slowly add in chicken broth and heavy cream and whisk until it thickens. Add 2 tablespoons red wine and stir into sauce. Once the sauce is thick you can then stir it into the pasta, mushroom mixture and chicken. Mix in almonds & 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese. Dump mixture into a baking dish. Top with last 1/4 cup of parmesan. Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until bubbly. Enjoy warm!
Creative Inspiration in your inbox!
Subscribe to get holiday ideas, delicious recipes and fun crafts in our newsletter!