Roasted Broccoli and Sausage Tortellini Recipe
- olive oil
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 large onion
- 1 lb smoked sausage links, I like butterball’s smoked turkey sausage
- 1 package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- parmesan cheese for topping
- Preheat the oven to 400. Cut the broccoli head into florets, discarding extra stems. In a bowl toss the broccoli with 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil and a teaspoon of sea salt. Spread on a Silpat lined baking sheet and pop in the preheated oven. Roast for 20-30 minutes. You want the broccoli to be charred in spots.
- Meanwhile, In a skillet over medium heat add a tablespoon of olive oil and add the chopped onion. The onion does not have to be diced small, just roughly chopped will do. Cook the onions until translucent and starting to brown in spots, probably about 10 minutes.
- In another pot cook your tortellini according to package directions.
- Once the onions have browned add the sausage, which should be chopped into 1/2 inch pieces. When you add the sausage let them sit for a minute or two without stirring to allow them to brown and crisp on one side, then stir and flip sausage to the opposite side.
- At this point your broccoli should be roasted, your sausage should be nice and browned in spots and your tortellini should be cooked. Drain the pasta and then combine all the ingredients in a bowl and toss it together. Serve immediately topping with shredded parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Creative Inspiration in your inbox!
Subscribe to get holiday ideas, delicious recipes and fun crafts in our newsletter!