Sweet Thai Udon Noodles
For the Sauce
- 1 shallot, diced small
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, diced small
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons thai chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
For the Dish
- 1 tablespoon oil (i like using sesame oil for asian dishes)
- 1 package udon stir-fry noodles
- 1-2 bell peppers
- 1 head broccoli
- 1-2 medium carrots
- 1 cup snap peas
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- First make the sauce, in a medium to small saucepan saute the shallot & ginger in a little oil for several minutes. Add the red curry paste and cook a few minutes, then add the rest of the ingredients and let simmer for 15 or so minutes, I just let it simmer until my veggies are ready.
- Meanwhile heat a tablespoon of oil over medium heat in large skillet or wok, add your veggies. You can really use any combination of veggies that you like here, make it easy on yourself and buy a stir-fry pack at the grocery or just pick what you like for asian dishes and throw it all in. I like to cover my veggies and let them cook for 4-5 minutes in the beginning to speed up the cooking process. Once your veggies are soft enough to your liking open up your noodles and add your noodles and sauce to the pan with the veggies. Stir everything and cook for a few minutes, just to make sure the noodles are heated through. Serve and top with sliced green onions. Enjoy!
Creative Inspiration in your inbox!
Subscribe to get holiday ideas, delicious recipes and fun crafts in our newsletter!