1 cup sugar
4 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons butter
1. Combine the sugar, water, and the corn syrup in a large saucepan and stir with a wooden spoon over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
2. Increase the heat to medium-high, and bring to a boil.
3. Do not stir from this point on, but instead swirl the liquid around the pan so that the caramel doesn’t burn.
4. Continue to cook until the caramel turns an even amber color then remove from the heat and let stand for about 30 seconds.
5. Be careful here, Pour the heavy cream into the mixture. The mixture will bubble up significantly and is very hot.
6. Stir the mixture with a spatula scraping the sides of the pot and combining all the ingredients, again be careful. Add the butter and stir until combined. As you stir you will see the caramel come to the consistency that you want and look like caramel!