Chocolate & Caramel Cream Parfaits
Chocolate Silk Layer
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
Whipped Cream Layer
- 2 cups AE Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- Caramel Sauce, you can make my homemade recipe HERE or buy some
- 1 bag bite size Milky Way pieces, chopped
- Make the chocolate layer first. In a bowl of stand mixer cream the sugar and butter until light and fluffy, blend in the cooled chocolate and vanilla. Next add in the eggs one at a time, after you add each egg beat for 5-10 minutes until it gets fluffy. After adding the eggs you should have a light but fluffy pudding-type consistency. Put it in a bowl and refrigerate for several hours until its set. It helps to do this part the night before.
- Make the fresh whipped cream next by putting your chilled AE Heavy Whipping Cream in the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment. Add the powdered sugar and mix at medium to high speed for several minutes until stiff peaks form.
- To assemble the parfaits put the whipped cream & the chocolate silk pudding into separate pastry bags. Pipe into your trifle dish or parfait dishes a layer of chocolate, then drizzle some caramel sauce, then pipe on some whipped cream. Repeat this a second time and then add some chopped up Milkway bites to the top.
- If you want to make these ahead feel free to pop them back in the fridge until serving time, up to a day in advance.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of AE Dairy via RhythmOne. The opinions and text are all mine.