Easy Weeknight Dinner: Veggie Pad Thai
- 8 oz rice stick noodles
- 1/4 cup tomato-based thai chili sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons light-brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons vegetable or sesame oil
- 2 chopped bell peppers
- 2 large carrots, shredded or chopped small
- 8 scallions
- 3 cups bean sprouts
- To make the pad thai sauce whisk together chili sauce, lime juice, soy sauce and brown sugar, set aside.
- Chop the veggies or meat that you plan to use. Heat a large saucepan over medium heat and add the oil. Stir fry your meat and or veggies until they done. While your veggies are frying cook your noodles.
- Cook the noodles- bring a large pot of water to a boil; remove from heat. Stir in noodles; let soak until softened about 7-8 minutes. Drain.
- Once the veggies are cooked through toss in the noodles and the sauce. Mix everything together and cook until heated. Serve warm with a lime slice to squeeze over the noodles