Happy Monday friends. I’ve got a salad that you so need in your life- like today. This Mexican corn salad is so good that its kind of addicting, trust me it didn’t last long in my fridge! Its absolutely perfect for sharing at a party or to serve beside some enchiladas or tacos. I just like to eat it strait from the tupperware container for lunch. 🙂 It doesn’t take long at all to prepare which is always a bonus and you won’t feel like you’re eating crap.
I have to give credit to my friend Lindsay for this recipe, she made it this summer and brought it to a bbq and I couldn’t stop eating it. However when Lindsay made it she grilled the corn, which is totally fabulous, but its like 2 degrees outside and I’m not about to fire up the grill and stand on my deck in a parka. So I improvised and roasted it, I used frozen corn on the cob and slathered that baby with butter. It totally worked and tasted almost as good as the grilled summer version.
I used my nonstick Demarle at Home flexiflat that is totally genius. You could also use a Silpat or a foil lined baking sheet. I was so happy that the corn got a little charred in spots, a little like grilling it.
Mexican Street Corn Salad
- 9 Ears of Corn
- 1 stick of butter
- 6 Tablespoons Mayo
- 4 oz Cotija Cheese (1/2 a brick)
- 4 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1/3 Cup Cilantro, diced
- 2 Tablespoons Red Onion, minced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- S&P to taste
- During the summer you can grill your corn, but since its winter I roasted mine in the oven and its a perfect solution! Preheat your oven to 400, take one stick of butter and rub it all over each ear of corn. Generously season with salt and pepper. Place in a butter baking dish or one your flexiflat. Roast for 30-45 minutes, turning once at about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Once the corn is cool enough to touch cut it off the stalk. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix until combined. Voila, you are ready to serve a delicious tasting salad. Place in the fridge in an air tight container and it will be good for about a week.
Powered by Recipage
What are your favorite sides and salads for parties? I’d love to hear in the comments. Also if you make this- tag me on instagram (@HandmadeintheHeartland), It makes me so happy to see you using the ideas and recipes on Handmade in the Heartland!
Pulled Pork Tacos with Cilantro Lime Aioli | Handmade in the Heartland
Friday 20th of November 2020
[…] weeknight dinner you might want to have some sides to serve. I love to serve this with my favorite Mexican corn salad, you can eat it on the side or in the taco, yum! Here are some other ideas for […]