Mushroom, Caramelized Onion & Tomato Bruschetta
- 1 Can Hunt’s Petit Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 1 Onion, diced
- 8 Ciabatta Buns
- 8 Slices Provolone Cheese
- 6 oz Baby Bella Mushrooms, diced
- 1-2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- 1-2 ounces Herbed Goat Cheese
- Prep your bread by cutting the buns in half, so they are long skinny pieces and then put them on a baking sheet inside facing up. Place half a slice of provolone cheese on each piece of bread. Melt the bread in the oven for 5 minutes at 300 degrees.
- Make the topping. In a saute pan over medium heat toss your diced onion with a tablespoon of olive oil and cook until they are browning and caramleizing- about 10-15 minutes. You may need to turn down the heat to medium-low after 5 or so minutes so they don’t burn, you want a nice golden brown color. Once the onions are browned add the mushrooms and garlic and cook until the mushrooms have released their juices and are tender, about 5 minutes. Add the drained Hunt’s petit diced tomatoes and cook just long enough to warm the tomatoes up, about 3-4 minutes.
- Assemble the bruschetta by topping each piece of toasted bread with a spoonful of the tomato saute and then add dollops of herbed goat cheese to top it off. Serve immediately and enjoy!