Who doesn’t love a good muffin? I for one am all about the carbs in the morning, I realize this can be problematic but guess what I’m pregnant and I don’t care- it’s the one advantage to being pregnant- I can eat anything I want. It’s like the consolation for feeling crappy all the time, at least I can enjoy a cookie for breakfast and not feel a twinge of guilt. 🙂 These muffins are delicious, and I’m not even a die hard strawberry-flavored-things fan, but these, I may or may not have eaten 2 in less than 5 minutes. The secret is the AE Strawberry Greek yogurt plus fresh strawberries, the combination of those two ingredients makes these muffins super moist (yes I hate that word too) and more addicting than you want to admit.
Next go around I think I’ll use the AE Peach Greek yogurt with fresh peach chunks- doesn’t that sound ahhhmazing? Peach season really needs to arrive; I’m craving some big juicy peaches!
Speaking of Greek yogurt, have you tried AE’s Greek yogurt? I’m a huge fan, the flavors are delicious and the texture is just right- thick and creamy. Honestly one of my favorite things about AE yogurts are the fact that they come with a lid that can go back on the container- it’s the same type of lid that comes on sour cream containers, it’s genius because I never finish a whole yogurt in one sitting. With flavors like apricot raspberry, clementine and the richest vanilla ever, you totally need to pick one up next time you’re at the store. If you’re in the Midwest you should have AE on your grocery store shelves, you can check HERE.
Do you add yogurt to your baking? I find that replacing Greek yogurt for recipes that call for a lot of sour cream totally works but until this recipe I had not tried flavored yogurts in baking before and now I’ve got so many ideas! If you make this recipe please share it with me on instagram and tag me- @handmadeintheheartland It makes me so happy to see you creating recipes from the blog!
Strawberry Yogurt Muffin Recipe
Ingredients (1 dozen muffins)
- 1 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 6oz container of AE Strawberry Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons AE sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, chopped small 1/4″ pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare your muffin tray with liners, or if using a Demarle mold place on perforated baking sheet.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer. Add the rest of the ingredients, mixing well after each addition. Gently fold in strawberries last.
- Pour 1/3 cup of batter into each muffin well. Bake for 20-25 minutes checking at the 20 minute mark until toothpick comes out clean in center.
- Remove from oven to baking rack and cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Powered by Recipage
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of AE Dairy via Burst Media. The opinions and text are all mine.
Strawberry Shortcake Cake | Handmade in the Heartland
Tuesday 12th of January 2021
[…] you love strawberries like we do you would also love my fresh strawberry cupcakes and my strawberry yogurt muffins. We are big strawberries fans around here! […]