These apple cinnamon streusel muffins are the perfect fall breakfast muffin! Made with fresh apples, AE Apple Pie Yogurt and whole wheat flour they are the most moist and delicious muffins you'll have this fall!
YOU GUYS. Magic happened overnight last Saturday night! It went from what felt like a never-ending summer to fall in like 8 hours. As much as I love warm summer days when the pool is closed there is no longer a reason for temps above 75 degrees, am I right?! I've been so ready to wear leggings, sweaters, boots and sweatshirts and finally mother nature is allowing me to enjoy the beauty of fall!
I made these muffins with a secret ingredient- AE Apple Pie Yogurt. Adding yogurt to muffins makes them super moist and delicious! I love the different flavors of AE Yogurt and I've had so much fun eating and experimenting with them in my recipes.
Every year I have to overload myself on apples, especially baked goods with apples. I'm not kidding friends just check out these other recipes for apple yumminess like my favorite caramel apple pie, apple spice cake and this delicious apple appetizer -french onion and apple crostini. Today I've got a new favorite these apple cinnamon streusel muffins!
They aren't overly sweet which I like for a breakfast muffin, it's not a cupcake people, it's breakfast. ;) You can always change the 1/2 cup of brown sugar to be 1 cup if you want a sweeter muffin, but lowering the sugar amount make me feel better about giving it to my kids in the morning. Whatever keeps the mom-guilt at bay, right?
And as you can see in the photos you add a little sprinkling of streusel in the middle and on top of the muffin, because we all know that streusel is the best part of a muffin.
If you are more of a video person you should check out the Facebook live I did earlier this week. I made these and chatted all about fall and apples and baking!
After making 3 batches of these muffins I can safely say they are a hit! We delivered them to friends last night to share the goodness, because who needs 3 dozen muffins in their house?! I love sharing food with friends. What's your favorite baked good to give?
I'm a huge fan of AE Yogurt and the variety of different flavors! The Apple Pie Yogurt seriously tastes like fall in your breakfast bowl. Don't have time to make muffins today? Add a little bit of my good morning granola to your Apple Pie Yogurt and you've got a great start to your day!
These apple cinnamon streusel muffins are the perfect fall breakfast muffin!
For the Muffin Batter:
- 1 1/2 cups shredded apples, a box grater works great!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 container AE Apple Pie Yogurt
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon For the Streusel:
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350. Make the streusel by combining all the streusel ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer and mixing until they are combined and it becomes a sandy texture. Set aside
- Make the muffin batter by first combining the dry ingredients- flours, salt, baking powder and cinnamon in a mixing bowl. Use a whisk to combine.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer combine the coconut oil and the brown sugar. Once combined add the dry ingredients alternately with the yogurt and eggs and vanilla. Last, fold in the shredded apples.
- Spoon a little less than 1/4 cup of batter into the bottom of each muffin well, then pour 1 tablespoon of the streusel topping on top of it, so it will be in the center of the muffin as well as on top! Finish off with another layer of muffin batter and then another tablespoon of streusel.
- Bake the muffins at 350 for 20-25 minutes, a toothpick should come out clean. Enjoy!
Need to save this for later? Pin the image below!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of AE Dairy. The opinions and text are all mine.