This easy recipe for chiles rellanos egg cups can be made ahead and heated up throughout the week, the added latin flavors make them a delicious and healthy breakfast!
I've been making this egg recipe for years and when I realized a few months ago it wasn't on the blog it got moved to the top of the to do list! This is one of those recipes you just keep making because it's SO easy and SO good. With a lot of quiches or egg cups you have to cook onions or veggies on the stove before putting them into the recipe, this recipe doesn't, which makes it so easy! You use pantry staples like chopped green chilis and roasted red peppers to get your flavor and veggies, and you won't be disappointed.
If you've been following me for any amount of time you know that I'm completely obsessed with my Demarle at Home Flexipan Muffin Tray. It is literally life. changing! You don't flour, grease or spray it and NOTHING sticks to it. Have you ever made eggs in a metal muffin tray? If you don't douse that thing with cooking spray you've got a big mess, and even if you do you're still probably having to soak it to clean it, right?! NOT with a flexipan. Just watch the video below, you have to see it to believe it! Oh and then click HERE to get your very own!
There is literally no prep work for this dish which makes it so FAST! Just dump all your ingredients in and bake! Be sure to watch the video above to see how fast and easy this recipe is!
This easy recipe for breakfast egg cups can be made ahead and heated up throughout the week, the added latin flavors make these chiles rellenos egg cups a delicious and healthy breakfast!
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup milk, cream or sour cream (which ever you prefer)
- 2 4oz cans of chopped green chilis
- 1/3 cup drained roasted red peppers, diced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Salsa & sour cream for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, chilis and peppers, fold in the cheese and stir until incorporated.
- Pour your egg mixture into the wells of 12 muffin cups filling them 3/4 of the way full. If you are not using a Flexipan Muffin Tray you will need to spray or grease it well.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before un-molding and serving. Top with salsa and sour cream. Enjoy!
If you make these please share it with me!! It thrills me to hear from you and see what you've made! Leave a comment or tag me on Instagram (@handmadeintheheartland) or facebook! Happy Breakfasting friends!