Sweet Potato & Sausage Breakfast Hash
Watch the Video to see how I made this!
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 large onion
- olive oil
- 3 Italian sausages
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 3 eggs
- Preheat your oven to 425. Place a Silpat or parchment paper on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Over medium heat in a small saute pan cook the onion with a tablespoon of olive oil. You might want to reduce your heat to low if the onions start to burn. Cook the onions for 20 or so minutes until they look brown and caramelized.
- Cook your sausage. Take the casings off and place into a saute pan over medium heat. Chop up with a wooden spoon so it looks like ground meat. You want it to cook all the way through.
- While the onions and sausage are cooking peel and chop your sweet potatoes into nice cubes, also chop the bell pepper and put it all into a bowl. Toss with a tablespoon or so of olive oil and the chopped fresh rosemary and set aside.
- Once the onion and sausage is cooked toss them into the bowl with the sweet potatoes and add a little salt & pepper. At this point you can put this all in the fridge for the next morning or proceed to the next step, I’ve never done it the night before and I feel like the sweet potatoes may get dark spots so if you do want to do this make ahead I would wait and chop the potatoes the morning of
- Dump the sweet potato mixture onto your Silpat lined baking sheet and roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
- When its done take it out and plate it up, add a fried egg on top for good measure. 🙂 I love the runny yolk with the hash, it’s pretty darn delicious.