Grilled Thai Basil Eggplant
Tailgater Prize Pack Includes:
A great side dish or vegetarian option for grilling!
Eggplant is the perfect thing to marinade because it’s spongelike texture soaks up all the flavor.
This recipe is a delicious side or vegetarian main dish for a bbq.
- 1 eggplant
- 2/3 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (3-4 cloves)
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 4 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
- Pinch of salt, pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Slice your eggplant lengthwise into long “steaks” and set aside. In a medium bowl combine olive oil, garlic, salt, vinegar & chili sauce together and then pour into a gallon size ziplock bag. Place the eggplant slices in the bag as well. Let the eggplant marinate for at least 30 minutes before grilling.
- Take your eggplant slices out of the bag and lay them on a paper towel to soak up excess oil and pat them dry. If you skip this step of patting dry you run the risk of starting a fire on your grill!
- Heat your grill to medium-high heat. Grill the eggplant slices for about 3-4 minutes on each side, you should have some good grill marks on each side. Serve with sliced basil sprinkled on top.
Creative Inspiration in your inbox!
Subscribe to get holiday ideas, delicious recipes and fun crafts in our newsletter!