These sliders are a healthy dinner and perfect vegetarian alternative to burgers!
I love these on Hawaiian rolls with garlic aioli and avocado, yum!
This recipe is a great meatless alternative to burgers, sweet potato sliders are delicious and healthy!
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1/2 cup drained/rinsed canned cannelini beans
- 2-3 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup or agave syrup
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of salt, pepper
- Optional, small pinch of red pepper flakes, if spicy is desired
- 2 TBL coconut oil
- 10 Hawaiian rolls
- 1/2 cup cilantro, lightly chopped
- 1-2 avocados, sliced
- 1 recipe of Garlic Aioli
- Peel, dice, and cook sweet potato until soft all the way through. You can boil, bake or roast them. I love my Kitchen Charm by Dinner4Two waterless greaseless cookware that lets me cook them on the stovetop with only a few tablespoons of water!
- Let sweet potatoes cool down to the point you can handle them. Add beans, flour, tahini, maple syrup (or agave), seasonings and ¼ cup of panko to sweet potatoes. Combine and mash ingredients together. I used the paddle attachment on my stand mixer. I think I mixed them a little too long- it was pure mashed potatoes and I would have preferred more chunks in my patties.
- Form the mixture into 10 patties. Add flour as needed until patties properly form. Coat in panko crumbs.
- In a skillet over medium heat add coconut oil, once melted add your patties and and cook on each side for 6 minutes. You want the panko to turn a golden color. Once done cooking transfer to a paper towel to drain some of the oil off.
- To serve put on hawaiian buns with cilantro, avocado & garlic aioli! Enjoy!