- 1 lb Asparagus
- 3 tablespoons Butter, divided
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio Rice
- 5 cups Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup white cooking wine
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- Prepare your asparagus by washing and snapping of the ends, then cut on the diagonal into 1/2″ pieces.
- In a heavy bottomed sauce pan melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat and add the diced onion. Cook until the onion is translucent about 10-12 minutes.
- In another pot heat the chicken broth until it boils and then turn to low or turn off, you want the broth to be warm to add to your risotto.
- Once the onion is cooked add the rice and stir, cook until the rice is translucent but not browned, about 3-4 minutes. Add the wine and stir until it is absorbed. Add 1 cup of warm chicken broth, stir occasionally and once it is mostly absorbed add another 1/2-3/4 cup of broth. After you’ve added about 2 cups of broth toss in the asparagus. Continue to do this until all the chicken broth is absorbed. It should take about 30-40 minutes. Stir often and never let the rice dry out.
- Once you’ve added all the broth stir in the last tablespoon of butter and parmesan. Stir it in to combine. Turn off heat and serve warm. Enjoy!