Something about the flavor of cranberry totally screams holiday food to me, you too? perfect. Well this cheeseball is going to be your go to 10 minute appetizer to take with you to parties and family get togethers this winter. Its super easy and addicting. The inspiration from the recipe came from my grocery store- Hyvee. They have a ton of dips that they make and sell, we kept buying one that was very similar to this and so I finally decided to make my own version. We keep eating it- all. the. time. If you are blue cheese/gorgonzola fan this cranberry walnut & gorgonzola cheeseball is going to be your new favorite recipe.
The trick to making a cheeseball is taking the package of cream cheese out of the fridge several hours in advance so its nice and soft at room temperature. Also if you are making this right before walking out the door and you don’t have time to put it in the fridge to firm up just scoop the entire mixture into a small bowl and pop a knife in it.
If you make this please let me know! I love to see it when you make recipes from the blog! Share it with me in the comments or tag me on Instagram (@handmadeintheheartland) or facebook!
This cranberry, walnut & gorgonzola cheeseball is going to be your go to 10 minute appetizer to take with you to parties and family get togethers this winter.
This 10 minutes cranberry, walnut & gorgonzola cheeseball will be the show stopping appetizer at all your winter parties.
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup gorgonzola crumbles
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, for rolling in
- Mix together the room temperature cream cheese, gorgonzola crumbles, cranberries, honey & finely chopped walnuts.
- Wet your hands and form entire mixture into a ball. Roll in walnuts to coat the outside of the ball. I like to spread my walnuts on a plate and then roll the cheeseball in it.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and place in fridge until ready to serve.
Need to save this recipe for later? Pin the below image!
Recipes That Travel Well | SheBuysTravel
Tuesday 8th of November 2022
[…] Mix things up with a non-cheeseball like this cranberry, gorgonzola and walnut option. […]
Recipes That Travel Well | Travelingmom
Sunday 5th of June 2022
[…] Mix things up with a non-cheeseball like this cranberry, Gorgonzola and walnut option. […]
Penguin Cheeseball Appetizer | Handmade in the Heartland
Thursday 7th of January 2021
[…] Cranberry, Walnut & Gorgonzola Cheeseball […]