There is a reason everyone is so obsessed with fall and October, it really is the coziest and yummiest time of year. Yoplait has released several new fall flavor that epitomize the taste of the season and to compliment those delicious yogurts I’ve created this delicious recipe for candied pecan granola, and you totally need it in your life, like right now. Its got the perfect combination of sweet and crunchy fall goodness to top the Yoplait light Pumpkin Pie yogurt. I could eat this every morning this month, thats for sure!
The ingredients for this are pretty simple, things you might already have in your pantry and it comes together so quickly you’ll wonder why you ever bought granola. It compliments all the new Yoplait fall flavors that are out including: Yoplait Greek 100 Caramel Apple, Yoplait Greek 100 Whips!, Pumpkin Cheesecake, Yoplait light Pumpkin Pie, Yoplait original Apple Crisp. All the new flavors are available at Walmart.
I love yogurt and granola for breakfast but its also a perfect afternoon snack and light dessert after dinner.
I like to keep my granola in an airtight container like the glass jar pictured below, it keeps for weeks, that is if we don’t eat it all in a few days. 🙂
Candied Pecan Granola
- 2 1/2 cups Oats
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Serve with your favorite Yoplait fall flavor yogurt!
- Preheat your oven to 300. In a medium mixing bowl combine oats, pecans, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, coconut and pepitas and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat melt the butter and add the brown sugar and maple syrup. Once the sugar has dissolved pour over all the dry ingredients and mix well so that the wet mixture coats all the dry ingredients.
- Spread the ingredients in a single layer on a silpat lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, take it out and stir it a little bit with a spatula and then put it back in for another 5 minutes. (Read all about why I love my Silpat HERE)
- Let cool for a few minutes and then put into an airtight container.
Powered by Recipage
If you make this recipe please let me know! I love to see it when you make recipes from the blog! Share it with me in the comments or tag me on Instagram (@handmadeintheheartland) or facebook!
Make sure to #SnackandSmile and try the fun new Yoplait fall flavors at Walmart. Pin the image below to save the granola recipe for after you get those delicious yogurts home from the store. 🙂
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of General Mills. The opinions and text are all mine.