The challenge also has a winner- again I kind of feel like I’m on a cooking show. Sprouts asked 3 bloggers to create recipes with the same box of ingredients and our recipes are on their website with a voting open! The cool thing is one blogger will win as well as 3 people who enter and vote!! So friend we could both win a tablet, backpack and gift card to sprouts!! SO fun. So pretty, pretty please go vote for my school fuel recipe and enter to win a back-to-school bundle including a tablet, customized backpack and $150 Sprouts gift card.Click HERE to enter! I promise you can feel great about this vote 😉 No purchase necessary to enter or win. Must be 18 years or older. For complete details and official rules, visit HERE
Filled with good for you ingredients like spinach this is a chocolate muffin you can give your kids and feel good about!
Breakfast during school is so important, these muffins will keep you full until lunch!
These double chocolate vegan power muffins are the perfect plant based breakfast that you and your kids will love.
- 1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup Vega Protein & Greens powder
- 1 Tbsp ground flax
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 container Silk Vanilla Yogurt Alternative
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 cup Frozen Spinach
- 1/2 cup So Delicious Coconut Milk
- 1 bag vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350. Prep your frozen spinach by measuring out 1 cup and then putting it into a food processor or blender. Mine was still somewhat frozen but you can thaw it completely if you have time. Blend or process down so that it’s close to a puree or very small pieces, it ends up being around 1/2 cup once processed. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix or sift your dry ingredients together- whole wheat flour, baking soda, salt, protein powder, cocoa powder & flax. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer cream your coconut oil and sugar together. Once combined add in the vanilla, yogurt, spinach & bananas, after those are mixed in add in the dry ingredients alternately with the coconut milk. Once completely combined add in the chocolate chips and fold in until they are evenly dispersed throughout the batter.
- Prepare your muffin tray with coconut oil spray or other alternative or use paper liners. Divide the batter between 12 muffin wells, filling 3/4 full. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, If you don’t use all the batter for 12 muffins you may want to reduce your cooking time so as to not dry out the muffins. Test the muffins with a toothpick at 20 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes. Enjoy for breakfast or snacks!