Egg Nog Cheesecake with Ginger Snap Crust
For a taste of Christmas in your mouth try this recipe for eggnog cheesecake with gingersnap crust when doing your holiday baking.
This holiday recipe is sure to please.
This eggnog cheesecake with gingersnap crust recipe is like Christmas in your mouth. It is great for your holiday entertaining.
- 2 cups of ginger snap crumbs (I used half a box and processed them in my food processor)
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 3 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of AE Egg Nog, room temperature
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
- caramel sauce for topping if desired
Make the Crust:
- Preheat the oven to 375. Make the crust by crushing the ginger snaps into crumbs in a food processor or blender, once they are sufficiently crushed add in the melted butter and process until combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the large round Demarle mold or a 9” or 10” springform pan sprayed with cooking spray. Pat crumb mixture into the bottom of the pan, and up the sides about 2”. Don’t worry if it’s not perfectly even around the top; you just want to be sure it’s deep enough to hold all the cheesecake mixture.
- Bake crust until a little darker brown. You’ll just be able to smell it. This will take anywhere from 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
Make the Filling:
- In your stand mixer with the paddle attachment cream the cream cheese until smooth. Cream in the sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla. Beat in the eggs one at a time on medium low, then beat in the Egg Nog until smooth. Be careful not to over mix.
- Pour the mixture into the crust and bake for 35 minutes or until the edges are set and middle still seems underdone. Turn the oven off and with the door closed, leave the cheesecake in there for one hour. Then refrigerate for at least four hours before serving.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of AE Dairy via RhythmOne. The opinions and text are all mine.
Creative Inspiration in your inbox!
Subscribe to get holiday ideas, delicious recipes and fun crafts in our newsletter!