After all the letters were cut out i then ironed them onto batting and cut them out. The picture below is when they were all ironed on to a piece of batting. Once i cut them out of the batting i pinned each letter to its corresponding mirrored letter, if that makes sense. So i pinned the front F and the back F together so they were one letter and then sewed around the edges. I realized that this project would have been much easier to just use one piece of batting and then iron both sides of the letter onto either side, that way you wouldn’t be sewing anything together. However the batting i had wasn’t super thick so i opted to use two layers of it. I sewed at a 1/4″ seam allowance and then took pinking shears to the edges afterward.
I just love how they turned out! Max has already enjoyed playing with them, and June thinks they are great teething toys. 🙂
Just so you can see the actual size i put a marker next to the A.
Creative Inspiration in your inbox!
Subscribe to get holiday ideas, delicious recipes and fun crafts sent directly to your inbox every Thursday!