I’ve got the easiest recipe for the most delicious green chili enchiladas for you today. Seriously this recipe is so simple and tastes so good. It’s got a secret weapon- AE Mexican Sour Cream Dip. Have you every thought to use dips in cooking other than just for dipping a carrot stick into it? AE has some really delicious flavors of dip- you might remember my french onion crostini, which I still crave on a regular basis. I’m not one to shy away from a recipe with a lot of ingredients but I know some days I just want something simple that tastes really really good. I make these enchiladas even easier by layering them lasagna style instead of rolling the filling up in the tortillas and you can even pop it in the slow cooker if you’re gonna be gone for a few hours before dinner. Easy friends, easy.
Pictured are some of my favorite AE Dips. The Mexican Dip has just a little teeny bit of heat and tons of flavor, thats why these enchiladas taste so good with so few ingredients. If you like a lot of heat you could use their new Hot Jalapeno Mexican Dip instead.
I did add a little bit of chopped up avocado on top after I pulled them out of the oven, we love avocado around here. This easy dinner should be added to your family menu soon, its so simple and such a crowd pleaser your kids will be asking for it again and again.
Green Chili Enchiladas
For the Filling
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 15oz can white beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 4 ounce can green chilies
- 1 8oz container AE Mexican Sour Cream Dip
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 1 can mild green chili sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 Avocado for topping
- Mix together all the ingredients for the filling in a large bowl.
- I like to make these lasagna style because its so much faster than rolling them up. You can either bake them or assemble them in a slow cooker. In a slow cooker or a 9×13 baking dish spread a little bit of the mild green chili sauce then put two tortillas down. Layer on top of the tortillas 1/2 of the chicken mixture, then 1/3rd of the cheese and a little bit of the green chili sauce. Repeat again and then for the top just put the sauce & cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, until everything is heated through and bubbly, if using a slow cooker set on warm or lowest setting for 3 or so hours. Everything is already cooked you just want to heat it all up and melt the cheese.
Powered by Recipage
If you make this recipe please let me know! It makes me so excited to see you making them, tag me on instagram @handmadeintheheartland or give me a shoutout on facebook.
If you love AE Dairy as much as I do follow them on their social channels to be the first to know about new products and news. Facebook/ Twitter/ Pinterest
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of AE Dairy via RhythmOne. The opinions and text are all mine.