This loaded baked potato soup is the perfect meal for a warm fall dinner, comfort food at it’s best.
Soup just screams warm up by the fire and comfort yourself, am I right? This soup is comfort in a bowl, its a large recipe easy to whip up for family and friends (house guests, anyone?) or have when the family gets back from caroling around the block. One day we are going to be that family that goes around the neighborhood singing Christmas carols to all the neighbors we know and love so much, one day when my kids are not 2 and 3 and when we actually know more than 2 of the people on our street. 🙂 I should probably get to know some more people. Oh I digress, the point is that this soup is good, good enough to feed to your family and easy enough for anyone. Try it, I bet you’ll like it. 🙂
This loaded baked potato soup is a great fall dinner.
This soup is comfort in a bowl.
This loaded baked potato soup is a delicious fall meal to serve family and friends.
- 4 cups potatoes, diced
- 1 small onion, diced small
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 5 slices bacon
- sliced green onions, for topping
- Shredded Colby Cheese, for topping
- Heat a medium sauce pan over medium heat and toss in a little bit of olive oil with your diced onions. Saute until translucent, add chicken broth and potatoes. Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 or so minutes, until the potatoes are fork tender.
- While the soup is simmering cook your bacon and then set aside on paper towels.
- Use an immersion blender or regular blender and puree the soup, you may need to do it in two batches depending on the size of your blender. Once its smooth return to the pot and add the sour cream, salt and pepper and whisk until the sour cream is incorporated.
- Serve with toppings of shredded cheese, sliced bacon, and green onions. Enjoy!
Are the holidays totally overwhelming you or are you enjoying them? As you can see its been pretty quiet around here and to be honest its because I’m taking the time to enjoy this month with the kiddos, hubs and friends. We are headed out of town this coming week to have more Christmas fun and I’ll share a thing or two here and there but don’t expect regular posting until January. Thanks for understand friends, sometimes I’ve just gotta live real life a bit more fully. 🙂