The perfect summer salad to whip up for any weeknight dinner!
Grilling chicken is easy, fast and tastes just like summer. Adding it to this salad makes a complete dinner and you’ll feel great for eating healthy.
This grilled BBQ chicken salad is easy and quick to make for the perfect summer weeknight dinner!
- 2-3 large chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 4-5 cups mixed greens with spinach
- 2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced small
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup of corn (I usually use a drained can)
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- salad dressing of your choice (I like ranch & honey mustard)
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Place your chicken breasts on the grill and then baste with bbq sauce, turn them and baste the back side. The grill time will depend on the thickness of your chicken breast, it usually takes me about 8-10 minutes per side. If you want them to cook faster butterfly them so they are thinner.
- Chop up all your salad ingredients and toss together. Once the chicken comes off the grill let rest for a few minutes and then dice it up. Toss with the rest of the salad ingredients. Top with your favorite dressing, I like ranch or honey mustard for this salad. Enjoy!