Grilled Thai Basil Eggplant
Tailgater Prize Pack Includes:
A great side dish or vegetarian option for grilling!
Eggplant is the perfect thing to marinade because it’s spongelike texture soaks up all the flavor.
This recipe is a delicious side or vegetarian main dish for a bbq.
- 1 eggplant
- 2/3 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (3-4 cloves)
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 4 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
- Pinch of salt, pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Slice your eggplant lengthwise into long “steaks” and set aside. In a medium bowl combine olive oil, garlic, salt, vinegar & chili sauce together and then pour into a gallon size ziplock bag. Place the eggplant slices in the bag as well. Let the eggplant marinate for at least 30 minutes before grilling.
- Take your eggplant slices out of the bag and lay them on a paper towel to soak up excess oil and pat them dry. If you skip this step of patting dry you run the risk of starting a fire on your grill!
- Heat your grill to medium-high heat. Grill the eggplant slices for about 3-4 minutes on each side, you should have some good grill marks on each side. Serve with sliced basil sprinkled on top.