Pumpkin Cake with Milk Chocolate Icing
I used my large round Demarle mold, it is seriously the BEST for making cakes. No flour, spray or extra butter and your cake comes out perfect every time. Sometimes I wonder how I made cakes without it! If you look at the photos below you can see that it came out so perfectly and literally there was nothing left in the mold after! It crazy awesome.
- 2 cups butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups + 2 Tbspns flour
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 Tbspn baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsps cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 can pumpkin
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350. Cream the butter and sugars together until combined and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla one at a time beating after each addition.
- Combine the dry ingredients and add alternately with the pumpkin and sour cream.
- Place in 2 round cake pans (I used 9″) and bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool and then frost with your favorite cream cheese icing or milk chocolate.
1. Pumpkin Pie Spiced Monkey Bread – This Silly Girl’s Life 2. Coastal Anchor Pumpkin – Crafts by Courtney 3. Dollar Store Painted Pumpkins – All Things with Purpose 4. Cinnamon Swirl Pumpkin Pancakes – Made to be a Momma 5. Terra Cotta Pumpkin Fall Decor – Seven Thirty Three 6. Pumpkin Embroidery – Do Small Things with Love 7. Cream Puff Pumpkins – Play, Party, Pin 8. Oatmeal Pumpkin Sandwich Cookies – Just Us Four 9. Dipped Pumpkin Decor – Sugar Bee Crafts 10. Pumpkin Cake with Milk Chocolate Icing – Handmade in the Heartland 11. Burlap Mini Garden Flag with Painted Pumpkins – A Glimpse Inside