Quinoa Patties with Avocado Sauce
Quinoa Patties with Avocado Sauce make a delicious meatless meal!
These quinoa patties are tricky to flip when frying so make sure to have a large spatula on hand. I also like to use coconut oil to pan fry them and get a nice golden brown on both sides.
These quinoa patties with avocado sauce are a delicious vegetarian dinner!
- 2 cups cooked garlic quinoa
- ½ cup small chopped red peppers
- ½ cup small chopped green peppers
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 medium ripe avocados
- 1 tsp fresh minced garlic
- S & P to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Once quinoa is cooked place in a bowl, set aside and let cool.
- To make yogurt avocado sauce, add yogurt, avocados, garlic & S&P to a food processor or blender and mix until smooth. You want a nice creamy smooth sauce.
- To make the quinoa patties, combine the quinoa, bread crumbs, bell peppers, eggs, garlic, black pepper and salt. Thoroughly stir and form into 8 patties.
- In a large saute pan, turn heat to medium high, add coconut oil; let oil heat up and melt and then turn down the heat to medium. Add quinoa patties and cook on each side for 3 minutes, or until lightly golden. This step is tricky. These patties want to fall a part so make sure to have a large fish spatula that can slide under the entire patty. I found it helpful to press the top of the patty down into the pan while cooking to make it more compact. You will only want to flip once and then slide the patty out of the saute pan onto your plate.
- On a plate layer quinoa patty, Greek yogurt avocado sauce and arugula.