Smoky Bourbon Dogs & Cranberry Bacon Brussels Sprouts
American Craft starts with the best cuts of 100% pork and is made with real ingredients like garlic, and smoky bourbon. There are NO nitrates, NO nitrites, and NO MSG added to ensure that all you taste is exceptional sausage. I love shopping at Target (I mean who doesn’t?) and they carry both the new flavors of american craft sausages- Smoky Bourbon & Garlic and Onion.
- 1 1/2 pounds brussels sprouts
- 3 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons canned cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup craisins
- Make the vinaigrette by combing the olive oil, cranberry sauce, red wine vinegar, mustard, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and sugar in a blender until smooth.
- Trim the bottom of your brussels sprouts and slice in half if they are large. Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add the sprouts and cook for about 8 minutes, so they are fork tender.
- At the same time cut the bacon into small pieces and cook over medium heat in a large wok or frying pan. Cook until the bacon is crispy and then remove and put on a paper towel.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter to the pan with the left over bacon grease and heat to medium-high. Once the butter is melted add the brussels and let sit for 3-4 minutes without turning. You want them to get a little bit charred. Add the almonds and turn the brussels once, let cook for another 4 or so minutes. Add the craisins and bacon and toss letting cook again for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and pour the vinaigrette over and toss to coat. Serve warm and Enjoy!
Creative Inspiration in your inbox!
Subscribe to get holiday ideas, delicious recipes and fun crafts sent directly to your inbox every Thursday!