This quick and easy recipe for white chocolate puff corn crack is the perfect combination of salty and sweet, you’ll be eating it by the handfuls! Made with only 3 ingredients and in a matter of minutes this is an easy recipe to have up your sleeve!
This post contains affiliate links.
You might hate me. I kind of hated my friend Stacy after she brought me a bag of this puffcorn crack for Christmas a few years ago. I’ve never made anything that is so addicting. Honestly, you can’t eat just a few pieces. Well, maybe you can but I certainly cannot.
There is something so delicious about the combination of the salty puffcorn and the sweet candy coating. Oh and the best (or worst) part about this 2 ingredient treat, it only takes 10 minutes to make!
Need another easy treat idea? Check out my Popcorn bar & spiced Mexican chocolate sauce or my favorite Orange-Scented Nutella Fruit Dip!
- Chesters butter flavor puffcorn– This puffcorn is basically the bigger Cheetos without the cheese flavoring, so make sure you get the butter flavor! Where can you buy Chester’s puffcorn? It is sold at Walmart.
- Almond Bark– Vanilla almond bark is a white candy coating that melts super well.
- Sprinkles (optional)- It’s totally up to you if you add sprinkles, but don’t sprinkles just make everything a little bit cuter?! Using specific holiday sprinkles makes it that much more festive.
What is puffcorn?
Puff corn is made with corn meal and made use an extruder. Wikipedia says this which is kind of fascinating:
“This is a thermodynamic process where the dough is passed through a tube and heated under a certain amount of pressure. The puffcorn dough product is then forced through a narrow opening called a die, and as it gets released, the change in pressure and temperature causes the product to puff out, giving the texture and consistency of puffcorn.”
How to make Puffcorn Crack
This recipe is a fast and easy no-bake treat. It shouldn’t take you more than 10 minutes start to finish! You can view the video below to see just how simple it is, here are the steps:
- Melt vanilla almond bark according to package directions
- Place puff corn in a large mixing bowl. Pour melted almond bark over the puff corn and toss with a spatula until the puff corn is evenly coated. Pour sprinkles on and mix a little more.
- Spread out the coated puff corn in a single layer on parchment paper or a Silpat to cool and harden.
When to make puffcorn crack?
If you’re heading to a party this is the perfect thing to whip up and take along. It’s probably going to be the first thing on the dessert table to disappear and everyone is going to be asking you for the recipe. I recently took it to a church potluck and it was gone in a matter of minutes!
It’s also a great treat to gift to friends and neighbors for any type of holiday! Change the type of sprinkles and you’ve got a birthday, Easter, Valentine or Christmas treat!
How to package white chocolate puff corn crack
I love to use cellophane bags and cute ribbon or bakers twine to package this treat up for friends, family and neighbors. You could also use treat boxes.
If you’re making these for Valentine’s day print out this free little “You make my heart pop” Valentine card to put with it. I promise you’re friends are going to love it more than chocolate! Download the free printable HERE
Looking for more Valentine inspiration? Check out my list of 20 free classroom Valentine card printables, or my list of 40 free boy Valentine printables.
If you make this please let me know! It thrills me to hear from you and see what you’ve made! Leave a comment or tag me on Instagram (@handmadeintheheartland) or facebook!
White Chocolate Puffcorn Crack
This quick and easy treat recipe for puff corn crack is the perfect combination of salty and sweet, you’ll be eating it by the handfuls!
- 1 bag Chester’s Puffcorn, butter flavored
- 1/2 lb Almond Bark (half of a 1 lb package)
- Sprinkles of your choice
- Melt the almond bark according to package instructions.
- Pour the puffcorn into a large bowl, dump melted almond bark on top of it. Mix with a spatula until the puff corn is well coated.
- Pour sprinkles of your choice over top and mix one last time. Dump out the coated, sprinkled puff corn onto a nonstick surface like a Silpat or parchment paper and let cool and harden. Serve in a bowl at a party or make individual bags to deliver to friends! Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small commission if you purchase something I recommend. I would never recommend products I don't love and use!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 343Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 407mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 8g
Wednesday 15th of December 2021
What size bag of puffed corn? Cups?
Thursday 13th of January 2022
The bag of chester's says it is 3.25 ounces
Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Easter Egg Crackers | Handmade in the Heartland
Monday 8th of February 2021
[…] bark melts so well and is so easy to use for recipes like this one. I also use it in my favorite white chocolate puffcorn crack recipe that you should definitely check […]