4th of July Firecracker Dogs
|Fun and Easy 4th of July Firecracker Hot Dogs!|
|Making them is simple!|
|These hot dogs display like firecrackers! So fun!|
- 1 can refridgerated breadstick dough
- 2 packages -16 hot dogs
- 16 thick slices colby cheese
- 16 skewers
- First take your skewers and stick them all the way through your hot dogs leaving about an inch and a half exposed out of the top of each hot dog. Then take a piece of breadstick dough and carefully wrap it around the hot dog until you get to the top. Place the wrapped dogs on a silpat (non stick baking liner) or parchment paper and bake according to the package directions for the breadstick dough. It took us about 20 minutes at 350. (Read all about why I love my Silpat HERE)
- While the hot dogs are cooking take out your cheese slices, the key to this step is to go to your grocers deli counter and ask for them to slice you pieces of cheese that are 1/4″-3/8″ thick. Then using a small star cookie cutter cut out your stars. Depending on how big or small your cookie cutter is will determine how many stars you get out of each slice of cheese. We could only get one star out of each slice.
- After your dogs have cooled for 2-3 minutes stick the star through the skewer at the top.
- We used a pail with a styrofoam ball hidden by crinkly papers to display them here, which would also be a great way to display them at a gathering. You can also just layer them on top of each other on a plate. Enjoy!
|Kids & Adults will love these fun pigs in a blanket style firecracker dogs!|
|Hot dogs on a stick! Perfect for the 4th of July!|